IPEC offer a range of PD Training Courses available to new and existing clients.
The courses cover theory and methods of Partial Discharge detection and location on MV, HV and EHV cables and MV switchgear.
All trainings are conducted by IPEC certified PD specialist. Certificates will be issued after attendees pass the exam after the training.
PD Training Courses
Our PD Training Courses are designed to teach engineers in-depth PD knowledge, and how to detect and locate PD on-line – whilst HV networks operate as normal.
PD Level 1 Training Topics:
- Partial Discharge Theory – What is PD, Where does PD occur, the effects of PD……
- Switchgear PD Detection methods
- Cable PD Detection methods
- Transformer PD Detection methods
- Use of PD detection instruments
- Basic PD data analysis techniques
PD Level 2 Training Topics:
- Partial Discharge Theory – Level 1 re-cap
- Advanced PD theory: Cable PD, Internal PD, surface tracking, Corona
- Advanced PD data analysis
- Advanced PD detection and monitoring
- PD location theory and methods
PD Equipment/Product Training Courses
Our PD Training Courses are designed to teach engineers in-depth knowledge of our PD testers and monitors. Including how to use the equipment and how to interpret the data collected by the equipment.
Product Training Topics:
- Partial Discharge Theory
- PD Detection Techniques
- Use of the PD equipment
- Site testing