On-line Partial Discharge Survey
Partial Discharge can form as equipment ages and is often not spotted during regular maintenance of equipment. Conducting a PD Survey will detect defects in in-service assets.
It is important to combine regular maintenance and PD testing of equipment. Often customers do not want to conduct PD testing themselves, IPEC’s PD survey service can be integrated into the asset manager’s maintenance and testing process.
IPEC’s service team has many years of PD experience and conducts PD testing and surveying in the UK and abroad. Unlike cable PD testing or switchgear PD testing our PD survey service is designed as a regular maintenance tool for your cable and/or switchgear assets, allowing IPEC to take responsibility for the PD testing and analysis of your equipment.
The service will take up to 1 day on site per substation, depending on the size.
Service will be conducted by IPEC and/or Appointed Agent Engineers
We can conduct PD Survey on:
- MV, HV, EHV cables, 6.6kV to 500kV
- Cable terminations
- MV/HV Air Insulated Switchgear (AIS) and accessories
- Dry Type Transformers
- Cable Joints
- Upto 4km from test point
Survey and Asset Assessment ( AIS, GIS, Cables, Overheads)
- Panel by Panel assessment for AIS SWG
- Joints and Termination end to end Assessment
- Window access UHF to PD Detector Assessment
- Noise level Assessment and baselining for filtration
Outcome and Deliverables
- IPEC PD Report detailing current Asset PD status with recommendation
IPEC’s PD Survey Service can cover
- Whole networks
- High priority cables or switchgear
- PD testing before an event
- Quarterly, yearly, or bespoke PD Services contracts
Where IPEC Teams are Based
- United Kingdom & Europe
- United Arab Emirates & Middle East
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- India & South Asia
- Asia Pacific
- Other worldwide locations on request